Quick and easy.
Trader Joe’s inspired Portobello mushroom, and barley risotto.
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
One package Trader Joe’s pre-cooked & quick cook 10 min Barley
One box Trader Joe’s condensed cream of Portobello mushroom soup
1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Gourmet Fried onion pieces
1/2 cup grated parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons chopped parsley, cilantro or mint for garnish (your preference)
- Heat sauce pan, add olive oil and butter
- Add pot barley, stir
- Add 1.5 cups heated chicken stock, stir, and bring to boil
- Add Portobello mushroom soup, stir
- Add Fried onions, stir
- Reduce heat to simmer, stirring often
- Simmer for 10 minutes minimum, adding chicken stock as needed to your desired consistency
- Remove from heat, add grated parmesan, salt & pepper to taste
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or mint
I love Trader Joe’s products. Many organic, sourced ingredients from around the world. If you don’t have access to Trader Joe’s you may improvise and use similar products.
I will be sharing other versions of barley risotto at later dates. Barley is one of my “go to” products (at the moment).
Tried and True Recipes.