Happy to recently find out about the pomegranate and chocolate combination. I added the ginger as I had visited my fave store, Trader Joe’s. Macadamia nuts were a welcome addition, received as a gift.
1 cup dark chocolate chipits, or any dark 🍫 chopped
1/2 cup uncrystallized ginger
1/2 cup macadamia nuts
1. Place chocolate in a microwaveable glass bowl, melt using correct setting for your microwave. Or;
2. Melt chocolate… in the top of a double boiler, or heat proof glass bowl, sitting over simmering water.
*If you are not familiar with double boiling, much info on the intranet.
3. Remove from heat, cool slightly so not hot to touch. Few minutes is sufficient.
4. Slice pomegranate in half. With the back of a wooden spoon “whack” seeds out of the casings. Firmly but gently…Good stress reliever! Rinse seeds in cold water, removing any pithy membranes. Place on paper towels to remove moisture. *Notice design (below) on. Absorbent paper…inspiration for art design.
5. Chop up ginger to the size you prefer. Personally my preference is for “chunkier” pieces. Really gooey, not easy to slice or chop. You might want to use a mini chopper or food processer. Up to you. I enjoy manually chopping.
6. Chop up macadamia nuts. Not too fine, so yummy to find a beautiful large chunk of this precious nut, in a cluster.
7. To chocolate, add: pomegranate seeds, ginger, and macadamia nuts.
8. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
9. Drop heaping teaspoon of chocolate mixture onto wax paper.
10. Bite sized pieces!
11. Refrigerate until set.
12. Place in decorative mini paper muffin cups, or serve on a platter.
Once you get comfortable with this recipe…add your choice of ingredients. Mix it up. Chocolate and grapes – freeze. Sweet, simple snack. Anything goes.
Tried and True Recipes.