2 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 slightly beaten egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup Trader Joe’s dehydrated blueberries
Zest of one lime
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease an 8″ glass baking pan
Use a large bowl.
- Place melted butter in bowl
- Add brown sugar, mix
- Add slightly beaten egg (removing chalazae), beat mixture
- Add pure vanilla extract, stir
- Add sour cream, stir
- Mix flour with baking soda, and salt, on top of creamed mixture – same bowl
- Add 1 cup of Trader Joe’s freeze dried “unsweetened & unsulfured” blueberries
- Add zest of one lime
Mix all ingredients. Pour into greased glass pan. Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched. Place on wire rack. Cool slightly, eat warm or cooled entirely.
ps Chalazae (Chalaza) removal is something that has stuck with me since a teenager. Not necessary to remove.
Tried and True recipes.