Recipe: Sauteed chicken with ginger paste, grated sweet potato, and asparagus.
This recipe uses one of my favourite “Go To” products. Trader Joe’s Ginger Paste. I love fresh ingredients yet when you find a product that is convenient and as flavourful as this one…
I am a foodie, and have been experimenting in the kitchen from a young age. If you are learning how to cook, then my style may not be your preference. I like to “wing it”, eyeball measurements and change things up. If something is not in season then exchange with another ingredient.
There are recipes that require precision, and when sharing those I will provide exact measurements. I will always provide a list of ingredients used in the named recipe. Let your imagination and creative genius take you on a foodie journey. Substitute your favourite herbs, spices, and anything that makes your tummy sing. If you are a foodie newbie, I will walk you through a recipe if you email me at todallyinspired.com.
- Olive Oil
- Trader Joe’s Ginger Paste (to taste) I use about 2 teaspoons
- 1 cup grated sweet potato
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 cup chicken breast, diced (about 2 breasts)
- Fresh grated Nutmeg
- Fresh Rosemary
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes ( variety of colours) diced or halved depending on size; or any variety
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 lime
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat pan, add olive oil, butter and ginger paste. Mix with a wooden spoon. Enjoy the aroma!
- Add the grated sweet potato, and asparagus. Sautee for a few minutes, sprinkle with fresh nutmeg. Remove to casserole dish.
- Use same pan, add a bit more olive oil, and butter to coat the pan. Who doesn’t love butter, eh! Sautee chicken with Rosemary (that you have gently removed off sprigs) until golden, a few minutes. Add to casserole dish.
- Chop tomatoes.
- Slice pomegranate into two parts, use half. With your hands, gently pull back some of the peel…not all, only enough to ease it when you take your wooden spoon and knock the seeds out.
- Add the tomatoes and seeds to the casserole dish.
- Squeeze lime over all. Season with salt and pepper. Give the casserole a toss.
- Serve. I like to garnish with fresh Rosemary sprigs.
Government of Canada Safe Internal Cooking Temperature Chart states 74 degrees Celsius or 165 degrees Fahrenheit for chicken pieces.
ps new word “pomegranite” …rock hard pomegranate.